Last Updated: July 2014
If your plans change after you place your order, let us know and we will gladly cancel your order and issue a refund. While products can’t be returned after they are sent out for delivery, we want you to love your meals. If you aren’t fully satisfied with a meal, please let us know and we’ll make it right.
collection of information
information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our website, call us on the phone, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, ingredient and recipe preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our website or transact business with us, including:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our website, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our website.
- Transaction Information: When you make a purchase, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
use of information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Facilitate and improve your experience with Meez Meals;
- Provide the products you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions and events, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications, please visit your account preferences.
- Manage your online account(s) and send you notices and support;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our website or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
sharing of information
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
advertising & analytics services
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other website or platforms.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
online account information & promotional communication
You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the "My Account" page or by contacting us. You can also contact us if you wish to deactivate your online account, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our website. For more information about disabling flash cookies, see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.